Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 1: Going Green?

Today in Ms. Abernathy's class we discussed a bit on the difference between what people say and what they do. And that got me to thinking about going green. Many A-list celebs are going green because its the new "In" thing to do, not for the purpose of saving the planet. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort that celebrities are doing and I like the fact that they are using their wealth and fame to spread a message, but I think they are doing it for the wrong reasons. This article details how many carmakers are lending out prototypes of energy-efficient cars to A-list celebs to promote their companies. Could anyone in the real world even afford these cars: NO!! The Tesla Roadster costs $100,000, almost as much as my parents house 13 years ago! Another car, while getting 130 mpg of hydrogen, must be filled by a trained professional with negative 423 degree hydrogen. My advice to car makers, make the cars more affordable or at least more sustainable (negative 423 degree hydrogen?!) before you give one to Brad Pitt or Angeline Jolie.

No comments:

Post a Comment